Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog

Sunday, 20 December 2015

Hand knitted socks

Tis that time of year again. My knitting needles are clicking happily away on a new pair of socks.  It is a bit of an old cliche isn't it?   Hand knitted socks for Christmas.  Well in truth I have never received a pair as a gift but knowing how much work actually goes into knitting them I would be absolutely thrilled to think that someone cared enough to spend that amount of time knitting me some.  I have at long last managed to master the very stretchy cast on.  It has made a huge difference to the stretchiness of the rib and now that I am able to knit it I will be using it for any rib stitch a pattern might call for. This is the first sock all finished and I have the second one on the needles. I did read on the pattern that you can just knit a whole wardrobe full of single socks.  I think it is a great idea and one I may very well adopt from now on.


2 comments:

  1. Oooh I would love a pair just like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it looks lovely! I love knitting socks and made a few as gifts this year :)

    ReplyDelete