Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog

Saturday, 12 September 2015

Windfall apples

Each time I go out into the garden I hear a sound that makes me jump out of my skin.  It is the sound of apples falling into my garden from my neighbours tree.  We have had a free supply of apples for the past few weeks and the bounty is set to continue.  The tree is loaded with fruit and it such a shame as not only do they not use any of it but never offer it to anyone either.  They also have a plum tree in the garden and the fruit just rots where it falls.  I used to share the gluts from my veg plot with my neighbours on both sides but now simply freeze or pickle any extra to use later in the year as the favour wasn't reciprocated.  Please folks, if you have fruit or veg that you don't want, offer it to your neighbours or even your local church as I am sure that someone there could make use of it.

My latest supply of windfall apples

2 comments:

  1. These unexpected bounties are wonderful even if they do take up time to process - apple crumble, apple cake, apple pie, chutney, apple juice and eaten just as they are (minus grubs of course!).
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmmm apples - loads of yummy food to make with them :-)

    ReplyDelete