Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog

Saturday, 29 August 2015

Yorkshire Lavender

Tony and I have had the loveliest day out today.  After reading about Yorkshire Lavender on a blog recently we knew we had to pay it a visit. We met the owner who was quite the nicest most unpretentious person that we have met in a long time  I have taken loads of photos and will put them on my 'Places we have visited' page on this blog.  I did of course have to buy some gorgeous chocolate there and had the best cup of hot chocolate that I have ever drunk anywhere.  I opted for the special  'Lavender' hot chocolate and it came as a mug of hot milk into which I swirled a large chunk of lavender chocolate on  a stick.  It was absolutely gorgeous and has made me rethink the way that I make hot chocolate.  We bought two lovely varieties of lavender, one white and one blue so the garden will smell wonderful too. I was sorely tempted to buy some gorgeous lavender themed serviettes but as I have a drawer full of really pretty serviettes already I think I need to use some of my stash first.  The lavender season is drawing to a close now but we have plans to pay another visit in July next year.  The owner told us that the 12th of  July is the best time to  visit so mark it in your diary for next year.

Me and the lovely owner of the Yorkshire Lavender Farm
Well it would have been unthinkable not to try the chocolate wouldn't it?



1 comment:

  1. and hopefully Tony redeemed himself buying replacing the lavender plants he thought were weeds:)x

    ReplyDelete