Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog

Saturday, 22 August 2015

Simple pleasures

This morning I wandered out into the garden to peg the laundry on the line and noticed that my sweet peas are really blooming all of a sudden.  Sweet peas need to be constantly picked to ensure plenty of flowers so I picked myself a little bunch. The fragrance is wonderful and they look gorgeous in a little glass next to the roses that Tony bought me last week.  It is funny how the little things in life often bring the  most pleasure.  Take colouring in for instance.  I have recently discovered that there is a whole world of colouring books aimed at adults available.  This does of course mean that I have ordered some from Amazon.  I did see some in our local pound shop the other day but that would mean a trip into town.  I know that I would spend more than the cost of a couple of books and some felt pens if I venture into town so I am now waiting for my order to arrive.  In the meantime I downloaded and printed some free ones off the Internet and have discovered how totally relaxing colouring the pages proved to be.



2 comments:

  1. What a coincidence I've just down loaded an ap for colouring. couldn't agree more about how relaxing it is.
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colouring books are great aren't they! Beautiful flowers :-)

    p.s. if you want the pattern for the rose email me and I'll scan it to you.... wizardalison59@aol.com

    ReplyDelete