Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog

Sunday, 9 August 2015

Phwew.... I am glad it is finished

While I was away in Brightlingsea last week I managed to  finish my crocheted cotton shawl.  It has taken me ages to make and as I get really bored when working on a long term project I am surprised it ever got finished at all.  I am one of those irritating 'early birds'.  Up and raring to go at the crack of dawn.  Tony on the other hand is a night owl and could happily sleep all day.  What can a girl do between the hours of 6 and 9 am when the other half is asleep?  She can make a lovely shawl from cotton of course.  And best of all I got 8 x 50g balls for £1.99 at a summer fete. Crochet cotton usually costs upwards of £2 each ball so I got a real bargain.  I am planning on knitting a shawl with some more of the cotton



5 comments:

  1. Oh WOW this is stunning. Well done :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks gorgeous now it is done. Glad Brightlingsea was the
    Spur for its finish.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's one of those things that you look at and wonder how on earth you had the patience to make it. It's beautiful.
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. and you left the red currants behind. Have been red ring pull looking. Sir was not impressed when I hauled one out of the gutter last night and even less impressed when I made a bee line for the over flowing bins on the front. Methinks I am in disgrace again. Ho hum the joys of having a re-cycling crafter for a mate.x

    ReplyDelete