Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog

Sunday, 7 June 2015

Plastic bottle trinket container

This isn't my idea but it is utterly brilliant. There are videos all over You Tube that will show you how to make one if you are interested.  These are my first and I simply glued the zip into the two bottle halves with my hotglue gun...... clever huh...... Well no actually.  It never occurred to me that the glue would melt the plastic duh!!!!!!  What I needed to do was allow the glue to cool a bit before sticking the zip in place. I think I would want to sew them to the bottle as well as use glue.  I am not sure that the glue would hold out too well. I used the plastic water bottles from Aldi but in truth they are a bit flimsy.  I will be using bottles that are a lot stronger when I make my next ones. I will glue some ribbon over the top of the melted bits on these so they aren't wasted.






3 comments:

  1. Speechless!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would never have thought of doing this, so different. Lainie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for this post. Personally, I believe this content is fabulous. I accept much of your information right here. It also motivates me personally to learn more. I await the next article with really great expectation.

    Visit Supplement Packaging for more.

    ReplyDelete