Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog

Saturday, 6 June 2015

My lovely new patio

When we removed the pond we had planned to lay a stone paved patio pretty much straight away.  Then we were told that we would need to wait a long time for the soil to settle where the pond had been removed from.  We were really disappointed as this meant that our plans for the garden would be put on hold until the patio could be laid.  I was sitting in the conservatory with a cup of tea and had a brain wave....Why not make a gravel patio.  That way we could just rake the gravel around as the soil underneath settles. I had a good browse through some pictures of gravel patios on Pinterest and saw some really lovely ones.  Tony and I have worked really hard these past few days but I am thrilled with the end result.  Today I plan to give the table a thoroughly good scrub as it has been under a cover for months. As soon as it has dried I will give it several coats of teak oil and that will bring out the colour of the wood. 





2 comments: