Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog

Tuesday, 19 May 2015

Blimmin Jobsworth

Yesterday after a very gruelling day at work I went to the station to catch the train home.  There was no one in the ticket office and the usual thing to do is just jump on the train and pay the conductor for the ticket.  I don't do that very often as I usually buy a return from my little local un manned station.  I had assumed that the ticket office was closed for the night as I never get the train after 5pm. Nasty little jobsworth insisted on me going back to the ticket office to buy a ticket.  I was so tired after a very verrrrry long day that I could have cried.  There are one or two conductors on the line that clearly have no joy in life and will do their utmost to start or end your day on a sour note........ and then there are the really lovely ones who will go the extra mile to be helpful.  Hey ho, today is another day so I shall see what it has in store. 

6 comments:

  1. Write a letter of complaint Cherie, just because they wear a uniform does not mean they have power and he could so easily have let you pay him, he could have made you miss your train and after all they are there to make your journey easier and not give you extra stress. It's not as if you were striking to bunk the train without paying. Grrrrrrr bloomin people!!! Lainie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Laine, it was a female conductor and the most annoying aspect is that ours is a little shuttle train that runs four stops up the line and four stops back. With about 9 people in total (I am being generous here) on the train it could hardly be called a busy commuter train. I have emailed BR but am expecting to be told that it is company policy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure things didn't used to be like this, what is happening, everyone seems to be so miserable. Sometimes I wish that I hadn't stepped out of the front door.
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Briony I totally agree. Where I live most people are lovely and smiley. We all greet total strangers with a smile and a good morning (afternoon, evening) It is a shock to my system to meet stoney faced people who clearly find us 'odd' when we smile at them. What has happened to the world.

      Delete
  4. Gin....the all purpose cure for jobsworths, stress, sick hubbies and the worlds problems .....methinks I need to craft a new liver ...suggestions?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Howzabout a chocolate liqueur jelly, Similar in color to a liver but nicer to eat :-)

      Delete