Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog

Tuesday, 1 July 2014

pretty envelope

I went into Le Crafterie this morning with a view to throwing out some of the old envelopes from my stash.  I was stopped in my tracks when I came across a really nice one with blue and white dashes on.  It was begging to be turned into some jewellery.

I  sat in the garden in the sunshine and cut the envelope into strips. Then I took some coloured paperclips from my stash. I wound the strips around the paper clips and glued the ends down. I made a whole pile of these and then used some jump rings and clasps to make the necklace, bracelet and earrings.  Some time ago I bought some bronze coloured rings in order to make some resin jewellery.  I cut the paper to shape and glued it into the recessed part of the ring.  When it was dry I gave it a coat of UV Resin. Once the resin was dry I used some coloured nail polish to coat the bronze coloured ring.   As usual they really look so much nicer in the flesh than my photos depict




No comments:

Post a Comment