Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog

Monday, 2 September 2013

Potential kitchen extension

The hubby and I are considering (again) whether or not to have a kitchen extension built next year. Tony has long wanted one but I was unsure whether or not I wanted to sacrifice a large chunk of the small garden. I think hubs is winning as talk of a 'proper walk in pantry' has filled my head with images of  shiny glass jars and bottles full of preserves and neatly stacked groceries. I would love to rip out the fitted kitchen and replace it with a Welsh dresser and some free standing units so watch this space for an update.

4 comments:

  1. you need your garden more than you need a bigger kitchen. Think of the hassle(builders are notorious) and the muck and the upheaval to your crafting schedule. Only saying:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am hearing you too. When we had the conservatory and porch built the builders were a total nightmare. Still weighing up the pro's and cons. I would like a walk in pantry, bigger kitchen and somewhere to eat in there as the room gets all the winter sun while the sitting room is really dark. I would use it more than the sitting room. I have just talked myself into methinks :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Couldn't be bothered with the upheaval. We will wait till we are ready to retire and then we will make one final move as we won't be restricted by the need to live close enough to the job.

    ReplyDelete