Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog

Sunday, 16 September 2012

Just a little natter

It is Sunday morning and I thought I would bring you up to date with my past week as I have been sooooo busy.

We started with last Saturday's 'Big Dig' project open day at the allotments. The day was warm and sunny and the soup made by my colleague Lesley was totally delicious. 
On Sunday Tony and I went to the Duxford Airshow in Cambridge.  If you have never been to the Imperial War Museum then you really don't know what you are missing.  It is truly 'Little Boy Heaven'.  There are huge planes, tanks and fantastic displays.  I would go just to look at Concorde.  Speaking of which I have decided that I will collect Concorde models and pictures.  Tony has bought me a fabulous framed picture and it is now hanging on the wall in my sitting room.
Tuesday was the office open day and we have spent many hours cleaning the office and huge garage to make sure that visitors could have a good look round.  I can't in truth imagine why they would want to but hey ho!!! I do as I am told  :-
Thursday was the Plum Jam making session with my colleague and friend Sam Willoughby.  Sam and I  make a great team as we have so many different skills between us. The local newspaper sent along a reporter who took loads of photos.  I got a phone call on Friday from the Editor to ask me about the session.  They have run an article about it and though I haven't seen it yet I did get a text from my son to say it is a good spread. Tony has reserved a copy of the paper as we were both out yesterday. (Saturday)
Yesterday was Saturday and I got up at 4:15 to go to Nottingham with my friend Val.  Val runs a local Greyhound rescue and it was the big annual gathering of Greyhound charities.  We had a lovely day and met some wonderful people.  I am told that Greyhounds make fantastic but bone idle :-) pets.  If you are thinking of rescuing a dog then please seriously consider adopting a greyhound.
It was a very long and exhausting day so I  was in bed by 9:15 and I think I was probably asleep by 9:16.  I didn't even hear Tony come to bed.

Today I have a lovely piece of lamb to cook for dinner as Adam is coming today.  I need to pop out and do a bit of grocery shopping but then straight back to see to lunch,


Phew!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 that is one busy week.

No comments:

Post a Comment