Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog

Saturday, 11 August 2012

Hand spun wool

I had a  jam jar lid waiting for a project so this morning I made a drop spindle with the lid a small hook and a pencil. Then I had a little go at spinning some of Berties fleece sooooooooooooooooo

This afternoon I went out into my workshop and turned a drop spindle on my lathe. Tis about 18 months since I used the lathe last.

The cream wool is pure bertie and the red is some roving I bought to make felt with.

It is a bit shaggy and there are thick and thin bits but hey ho I will master it and can only get better


3 comments:

  1. This is fantastic! Youll have to bring it with you next time i see you to see how its done. Oh just to let you know youve inspired me to set up my own blog... x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I now need a link to your blog so I can post it as a link here.

      Delete
  2. Heres a link to mine... http://tinksthingsandfaces.blogspot.co.uk/

    the one i was talking about earlier...http://blueberry-heart.blogspot.co.uk/

    Sam x

    ReplyDelete