Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog

Wednesday, 4 April 2012

Wood carving today


My bedroom is the sunniest room in the house at this time of year so............... I covered the bed with an old sheet and sat upstairs with my wood carving. I was lovely and warm and it was ever so peaceful. I got loads done and although it isn't quite finished I can see an end in sight. I also did a little bit more on my Licorice Allsorts quilt. I have really enjoyed playing around with fabric though I think the cathedral window quilt is more my cup of tea. I can see another hobby to get all passionate about.
The work move is now completed and I made the journey using the bus which goes straight past the bottom of my road and takes half the time to reach town. Trouble is it sets off at 7:50. I used to be at work around this time and will now need to make up a little extra time to keep my hours the same. Because the journey is much further I would now be getting into work at about 8:15 if I used the old route. My new route gives my half an hour extra at home on a morning and will only add 5 or 10 minutes to my arrival time. I dutifully utilised my extra half hour yesterday by dusting/polishing the sitting room. Washed the dishes and put them all away and then cleaned both toilets. It was so nice to come home to a clean and tidy kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment