Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog

Sunday, 15 January 2012

Log burner



Well we have lived with the Log burner for 5 days now and I can't recommend it highly enough. The whole house is so warm and toasty. We haven't watched tv in days. We are perfectly content to just sit by the fire chatting. Best of all we have used no central heating as the house just radiates warmth. My bill is going to be tiny when we get our winter one in March. Well not tiny obviously but a helluva lot cheaper than last years bill. We have had a hard frost all weekend but haven't noticed it indoors. I might just hibernate until March so long as someone chucks the occasionaly log on the fire :-) We open the sitting room door to let the heat rise through the house when it gets too warm. I am even drying laundry in the same room. Might as well use the heat instead of putting the tumble dryer on. I am trying to buy a suitable kettle now so I can make my bedtime cup of coco with water heated on top of the stove. Good life or what? :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment