Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog

Tuesday, 31 January 2012

Freezing outside

Well I finished off my parcel which should have gone in the post today but it was soooooo cold outside so I very sensibly stayed indoors knittiing and doing general housework. (loathe housework).

I managed to get most of the laundry washed, including my bedding. It dries so quickly over the clothes horse in front of the log burner. I haven't used my tumble drier since having the stove installed. It adds valuable moisture to the air too as the air in the room tends to get very dry after the stove has been burning for a while. We are saving huge amounts on our gas bill as we hardly use any at all now.

The kettle is currently sitting on top of the log burner warming water for the hot water bottles and Alexander is making me a nice cup of tea and a lovely scone with jam and cream for my supper. Well I need the extra calories to keep warm :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment