Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog

Friday, 27 January 2012

Cold and wet outside

I think winter is finally catching up on us. It has been unseasonably warm for the time of year but I feel a definite chill heading this way. The mornings are still dark but at least the evenings are starting to get lighter. The garden is looking really pretty at the moment. I have all manner of flowers out there and since we created two borders where we had gravel, I have a load more gardening space to play with. I am hoping to grow more veg this coming season. We are taking down the clematis and plannning to plant the grape vine against the fence in its place if it has survived the winter outdoors in its pot.. I am also planning on growing runner beans up the fence instead of up the wigwam. This will free up a little more of my precious tiny veg plot for other things. I am currently sprouting seeds to eat as beansprouts. They are supposed to be very good for you and they take up so little room

2 comments:

  1. Cherie isn't it lovely to be looking ahead to spring :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Chris. It has been a gorgeous day here in Middlesbrough. Tony and I went out for a walk and gathered a big bag of sticks for our log burner. The poor flowers are totally confused about which season it is as we have so much colour in our garden just now.

      Delete