Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog

Sunday, 17 July 2011

Look what I just received


I have just received through the post the most gorgeous of shawls. It is from Hazel over on the Ravelry wesbite as part of a swap we undertook. The work that has gone into this shawl is mind boggling. Such patience and skill. Thank you Hazel, I shall treasure it forever.

Alexander went to a party at a friends house last night so Tony and I enjoyed a lovely quiet evening sitting in the conservatory listening to music and just chatting. The sky was a deep red and we sat and looked at pictures in the clouds. Yes I know it is a bit airy fairy in this modern world of rush rush rush, but we do enjoy simple pleasures and each others company. It is strange to think that next year Alexander will be away to university (if he gets the grades) I can't even think of a time when I had an empty house. I suppose that like millions of other mums I will just have to get used to it. The house is going to seem so empty without him though.

No comments:

Post a Comment