Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog

Monday, 11 July 2011

Elderflower Champagne

I have just bottled ten bottles of Elderflower Champagne. I have had it brewing in the garage and I left it a lot longer than last years batch which proved to be more fizz and foam than Champagne. Hopefully this batch will be lovely by Christmas. I will try a bottle for my birthday next month and then try to leave the rest alone.
I had to use beer bottles to bottle it which doesn't quite look as nice as proper Champagne bottles but hey! a girl has to use what she has to hand.

I am off work today but as usual on my day off it is going to be housework pretty much all the way. Alexander has been away at the Sonisphere festival and is due home this afternoon. I think he will appreciate a proper roast dinner with Yorkshire puds. It will probably be bath, food and then he is probably going to crawl off to bed and catch up on some sleep. Oh to be 17 without a care in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment