Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog

Thursday, 14 April 2011

Kusudama Flower Balls

Well as soon as the alarm went off this morning at ten past six I was wide awake. I had a cup of tea with Tony but couldn't go back to sleep so I am up bright and early. It is a bit grey outside so it looks like it is going to be an indoor day so far.
I have been busy practising origami for the past few days and am becoming obsessed (now there's a surprise) with Kusudama flowers. They take a few hours to make but it is the sort of thing you can do while sitting in front of the TV. I am not a great watcher of TV but tend to listen and craft at the same time. Multi tasker or what?

I am waiting for a call from my son Adam to let me know whether he has got his mortgage. He is hoping to move to a new house and was so excited yesterday when he was telling me all about it. I will be really sad for him if they turn him down. Alexander is curled up in bed. I think he could be growing again as he is full of aches and pains. He is into free running and spent most of yesterday practicing with friends. I bet his muscles are groaning today. I will take him a cup of tea soon and see how he feels. It is hard to believe that my 'baby' is nearly 17. I am saving hard for his college fees and have another 18 months before he goes. I will have a 'proper holiday' when I am no longer saving every spare penny for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment