Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog
If you would like to purchase one of my Wool Paintings or would like to send a picture of your pet for me to copy please drop me an email me at cherieandtony@btinternet.com

Friday, 5 May 2017

My first attempts with the felting machine

I have had a little play with it since Janet brought it over on Wednesday and must say that it is really quick to complete projects. The one downside is that you need to move the fabric around quite quickly otherwise you will overwork the piece and create a hole.  That happened with the black and white cat.  I overworked the eyes and had to repair them.  I think perhaps I might create the basic face of an animal and then go back and add the details by had with a felting needle to give me more control. You can also use it to attach fabric to other fabric.. I have shown that with the butterfly and flower.  It would be very useful to use in tandem with my cutting dies. I could cut them out with the die cutter and then adhere them to the base fabric. Thee is a little project simmering at the back of my mind so watch this space.




3 comments:

  1. These are fabulous Cherie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the idea you had with felting just the middle of the butterfly and flower so that they are 3D ( they look great) but I suppose you could do that fairly easily without the machine. JanF

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like good fun to play with.

    ReplyDelete