Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog
If you would like to purchase one of my Wool Paintings or would like to send a picture of your pet for me to copy please drop me an email me at cherieandtony@btinternet.com

Monday, 9 January 2017

Making paper pulp

A few years ago I did a post on making  paper pulp but have had a bit of interest recently so here once again is the amazing wonderful paper pulp recipe

A handful of used envelopes torn into small pieces
A bowl of warm water
An old food processor or blender


Soak the envelopes for an hour in the warm water.  Pop a small amount of the soaked envelopes and some of the water into the old food blender. Wizz to a pulp.... that is all there is to it.  I sometimes just wizz it up in the blender without soaking but you do get a smoother pulp if you soak it for a while first. Don't add too much paper or you risk burning out the motor in your blender.

I used mine to cover blown eggs and somewhere in this blog are photos of things I made. Here are two of my pulp covered eggs







3 comments:

  1. What do you do with it then Cherie?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I covered blown eggs and plastic jars. Used it to model and create art pieces. In truth I just had fun with it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for explaining that. I would bet that you find it totally relaxing to do the modeling part! I am going to pass this on.

    ReplyDelete