Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog
Welcome to my blog. I hope it inspires you to try something new as I share with you my crafts and a bit of chit chat.

Tuesday, 22 November 2016

Wool roving

I have a yearning to create a Christmas picture with wool roving. You all know by now that I have a stash of beads to rival any small bead shop. If the picture that is brewing in the back of my mind comes to fruition then my Christmas picture will be decorated with beads and crystals and all manner of pretty bling.   With a bit of luck I will be able to incorporate some embroidery stitches and some silk ribbon.  It won't make the tiniest dent in my stash but if it works out well I just might consider running a workshop next year.  I have had a number of requests to run some workshops and I am considering taking a new direction with my crafting.  I may concentrate less on the 'recycling' and more on 'proper crafting'.... if such a thing exists. I couldn't paint a picture to save my life and have been really surprised to find that I am able to 'paint' with wool roving. If I can do it then you may well find that you could too.  Heck, what do you have to lose?  It does of course mean that Christmas, Birthdays, Mothers Day and other special occasions will be the perfect opportunity to create a wish list....People do like to know that the presents they buy are going to be put to use.  How many boxes of talc and soap have you got in the back of a drawer. Far better to ask for a packet of pretty wool roving and create something with it.  Watch this space for an idea that is simmering on the back burner

1 comment: