Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog
If you would like to purchase one of my Wool Paintings or would like to send a picture of your pet for me to copy please drop me an email me at cherieandtony@btinternet.com

Thursday, 6 October 2016

My garden right at this very moment in time

I have a few things to do around the house and then I may pick up my wood and crack on with carving another lovespoon.  Tony found me a piece of dark coloured wood in the garage. I have no idea what it is but I do think it will be beautiful once it is finished and all sanded and polished.  I am currently in the process of knitting another twiddle muff which will be sold at the hospital to raise funds for the heart unit. The garden looks really pretty at the moment and it is hard to believe that we are into October as I have so much summer bedding still flowering its heart out. Putting the grow bags filled with flowers on top of the log store has been a huge success.  It is a lovely sight right now and I am hoping that it continues for a few more weeks. The hanging basket tomatoes are yielding plenty of fruit. In fact I am able to share them with my neighbours at the moment as I can't eat them fast enough.

I have just popped out into the garden to take these photos. The sun is just starting to reach the tops of the trees and hasn't reached the garden yet
The log store

I wish my camera could capture just how pretty ths border is

The source of all the windfall apples.. still plenty to come

It looks so much prettier than this photo

4 comments:

  1. Good Morning Cherie, Do you know, my garden has more colour than it normally does, although my dahlia's have finished. I have such a problem with slugs and snails, that the poor plants do struggle.
    Your apple tree is ladened with fruit.... will you be giving the apples away or will you persevere with more cooking.
    I enjoyed the peek into your garden.... it is so pretty.
    Enjoy the sunshine when it arrives.
    Best Wishes
    Daphne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Daphne. The apple tree isn't actually mine. It is in my neighbours garden and I get to collect all the apples that fall into mine. They don't use any of the apples which is a real shame as I am sure they could offer them to a local charity that will press them and turn them into apple juice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your gardens look beautiful and very colorful. I'm in the US and have to ask... what on earth is a "twiddle muff"? It sounds naughty. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My garden is a dried up mess :-(
    Yours looks beautiful :-)

    ReplyDelete