Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog
Welcome to my blog. I hope it inspires you to try something new as I share with you my crafts and a bit of chit chat.

Saturday, 22 October 2016

I need a rant.....

I need a rant and am going to offend cat lovers here....  They are the bane of my life. My garden seems to have become the toilet of every moggy in town.  The smell is truly horrible and we are sick to death of having to clean the garden before we can plant anything.  If cat owners had to keep their cats indoors and only allow them out on a lead, I wonder how many would be so keen to own them.  And don't tell me that cats are naturally free roaming.. Dogs would be naturally free roaming  in packs if they were allowed that same freedom as cats.Budgies would live in great flocks if allowed to..  Rant over.      

Monty Don told us last night that we ought to take the tomatoes off the plants now as they won't ripen if left outdoors.  Not us personally of course, I am refering to our favourite programme of the week Gardeners World'.  Sadly it was the last programme of the year but we look forward to it coming back in March.
Tony and I have emptied the hanging baskets of tomato plants today and replanted the baskets with viola.  We grew some last year and the display was beautiful.  Anyway, I now have a large tray of green tomatoes that will gradually ripen over the next few weeks.

6 comments:

  1. I love my cats but I GET IT. I ranted about this awhile back too. We have several cats that roam the neighborhood peeing on our cars, peeing on our FRONT DOOR and messing up our mulch. It's so maddening. No one fixes them either and this summer they had kittens in our garage we had to find homes for. They were pretty cute though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must admit that kittens are really cute.

      Delete
  2. The answer is get a cat, they don't crap in their own gardens and will chase other cats from their territory

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not according to the comment from Cottontail farm

      Delete
  3. I feel for you! I do have a cat but he stays indoors and uses litter box. Son got him when he was little and I think he was too afraid to let him outdoors...now that he's almost 17 he won't go outside. Clings onto you like a leech if you try to set him down. I don't think he's any worse off for it...and he doesn't mess in other gardens!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Apologising on behalf of all cat owners xxx
    I think my cat is the only one in the world who craps in her own garden so I empathise on how you must feel clearing it up:-(

    I've picked all my green toms too and hoping they will ripen indoors.

    ReplyDelete