Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog
Welcome to my blog. I hope it inspires you to try something new as I share with you my crafts and a bit of chit chat.

Friday, 21 October 2016

HOW MUCH :-(

Tony and I are sticking to a calorie controlled diet and only having the portion size decreed on the packet.  Do you have any idea how big a portion 30g is?  Not very much I can tell you.  Our hearts sank when we saw the starvation rations  :-(   Now I know you will be thinking that there really are people starving in the world and my heart goes out to them.  (If all the money collected over the years and sent to Africa actually reached the people it was intended for then there wouldn't be a crisis every year. )  But at this moment in time my concern is to lose a bit of lard and fit into those clothes that the naughty fairies have obviously shrunk since I last wore them. Alcohol and crisps are completely off limits and if we have a  scone or cake then that is it for lunch.  We are also limiting ourselves to no more than five cups of tea.  I think that is the hardest thing as we constantly drink tea when we are at home together.  One month from now we will look like different people......... skinny people.... :-)

3 comments:

  1. Good luck xx

    Cut the Carbs!! Lots of veggies ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Evening Cherie, It sounds as if you are doing well on your diet. George and I are supposed to be on a healthy eating plan, but every now and again a little bit of chocolate slips into the plan, so we have decided to eat just dark chocolate. I don't think George understands the principle of small portions. For instance when it comes to the chocolate, I suggested 1 square.... but somehow that 1 square became half a bar.... hey ho! we keep on trying.
    Best Wishes
    Daphne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why are you cutting down on tea? Jan

    ReplyDelete