Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog
Welcome to my blog. I hope it inspires you to try something new as I share with you my crafts and a bit of chit chat.

Wednesday, 19 October 2016

A little splurge

Tony is off work at the moment feeling a bit under the weather.  I think though that I may be killing him with kindness and exercise.   Each morning we go for a nice hour long walk and then back home for a bit of a snooze.... he needs a rest poor old soul....This morning we walked a good way through Pinchinthorpe woods and then I treated him to a giant scone and a pot of tea in Guisbrough. I have never noticed the town before as when we go there we are straight in and out.  This morning we took the time to have a bit of a wander around the town.  It is full of lovely shops and if ever you are over that way please call into the 'brickyard bakery'.  We had a giant scone each and a pot of tea for two... the cost....  £4.70.   The scones were the size of saucers.  Then we popped into the bakery next door and bought another scone each to enjoy after our walk tomorrow. At fifty pence each it hardly broke the bank. A quick browse around some charity shops and then we headed home with our bargains.... I think I am ready for a snooze now

1 comment:

  1. That's just the kind of little treat which makes life worth living! Utterly delightful.

    ReplyDelete