Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog
Welcome to my blog. I hope it inspires you to try something new as I share with you my crafts and a bit of chit chat.

Friday, 9 September 2016

WI Talk and where did my comments go

 Last night I was invited to give a talk at the Guisborough WI.  I took along a huge suitcase and a bag of bits and pieces created from junk and set up the display.  The ladies were all lovely there and I was delighted to get another potential booking from a church group.  It still amazes me that people are so interested in the things that I make as I have been doing it for so long. They are having a little crafting challenge too.They have to decorate a tiny jam jar to put on the Christmas tree.  The theme they had been given is Jerusalem and that is what inspired them to use tiny jam jars.  For those that don't know anything about the WI.  Jerusalem is the song sung at the start of many WI meetings. WI is synonymous with Jam and Jerusalem... hence the jam jars.  I have some tiny ones in my collection so am tempted to make one for my display.... the brain is ticking already.

This morning I checked my blog and found two comments from Cottontail farm Blog.  I thought that I had published them but they have disappeared.  Sorry Cottontail Farm. I have no idea what I did but thanks for taking the time  to leave a comment.  It did of course mean that I came and looked at your lovely blog.  I do so love to find a new blog and try to leave a comment.


1 comment:

  1. I found your blog a couple of weeks ago through another one and just wanted to tell you how much I enjoy it. I rarely leave comments but perhaps I should do more often. Your decluttering is striking a cord as I too have so much 'stuff' but find it hard (impossible) to part with. Who knows when I will need that ribbon or those sparkly beads. My worst, I guess, is bits of fabric - boxes of them. Oh and wool, just odd balls but who knows when I just might need that particular ply and colour. I admire your determination to let the clutter go.

    ReplyDelete