Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog
If you would like to purchase one of my Wool Paintings or would like to send a picture of your pet for me to copy please drop me an email me at cherieandtony@btinternet.com

Thursday, 1 September 2016

Well! Is it officially Autumn yet?

I don't know about you but I always think of September as the start of Autumn and today is the 1st so hence in Kemp Castle it is offically Autumn.  Having said that, I have just sat for half an hour knitting in the garden.  The sun is beating down and it certainly doesn't feel like Autumn yet.  Give it a week or two though and the weather will start to cool down.  It is almost home made soup weather.  I do like a good soup so made my first one of the season this morning.  I had some carrots and half a courgette to use up and always have onions and potatoes in my store cupboard. The runner beans are growing like crazy so I chucked a couple of those in.  Being the domestic goddess that I am :-)  I used home made ... by me of course... chicken stock as a base. I did add a chicken stock cube and some freshly ground black pepper, dried turmeric, chilli and ginger to my soup. I have just had a bowl full for lunch and must say it is absolutely lovely.  It will provide us with tea tonight and lunch for myself tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Nooooooo Autumn is 21st September - lets hang on to summer whilst we can :-)

    ReplyDelete