Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog
Welcome to my blog. I hope it inspires you to try something new as I share with you my crafts and a bit of chit chat.

Tuesday, 13 September 2016

Too darn hot and a few whitterings

I don't know what the weather is like where you are but here in Naughty Nunthorpe it is just too darn hot.  We aren't used to these sorts of temperatures here in the North East.  Oh well! never mind, it will soon be winter and I will be too darn cold...  never happy us Brits unless we are grumbling about the weather.
Emptying Le Crafterie continues and I am also emptying my wardrobe.  The cubs are having a table top sale this coming weekend and they are benefiting hugely by my massive chuck out. I am finding things that I didn't even know I had and unfortunately they are too flippin useful to give away.  I can almost guarantee that the minute I do I will need it.  One day, when I decide to retire properly I will just get rid of it all. In the meantime I think it is heading for the loft.
I was a bit of a domestic goddess again this morning.  Gardens are watered, bathrooms cleaned.  downstairs has been vacuumed and tea is cooked for today and tomorrow.  I made a huge batch of bolognese sauce.  Half for tea tonight with pasta and half tomorrow night. I will add a load of hot chilli to it for tomorrow and we can have that with boiled rice. Earlier today I decided to cut the hollyhock down as there were only a few flowers left on it. It must have been about eight feet tall and the space where it was looks really bare now but I am sure that I will soon get used to it. The blue  'Tour de Yorkshire' bike has been collected and that has left another empty space. We did like having it on display but I do rather like the emptiness now. Off to carvers this evening and I am hoping that it is going to be a bit cooler in the school hall.  I have no idea what to carve next but I am sure something will pop into my head. 

No comments:

Post a Comment