Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog
Welcome to my blog. I hope it inspires you to try something new as I share with you my crafts and a bit of chit chat.

Wednesday, 7 September 2016

This years glut

Every year my little veg plot produces a glut. It is never the same thing each year and we now get quite excited waiting to see what the glut will be. This year it has been strawberries.  I really have the tiniest patch but they have produced fruit for weeks now and there are still loads ripening each day.  The flavour is superb too and I can't resist picking a few to add to my yoghurt.. I am still making it myself and loving it.  I think I may be in for a good harvest of little tomatoes from the hanging baskets as they have a huge amount of fruit starting to ripen. Last year the toms were a bit disappointing as they just wouldn't ripen.  I have already had a few of the basket ones and the flavour is absolutely gorgeous.  Much nicer than any I have grown before.  I have thinned them out today and snipped off any flowers in order for the tomatoes on the plants to have the best chance of ripening. The tall varieties in my veg plot are a real disappointment with hardly any fruit.  Oh well, at least I will have the small ones for the next few weeks.

2 comments:

  1. It is amazing what even a small garden plot can produce. It was a good strawberry year for me, too. Enjoy your tomatoes! -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Home grown fruit and veg is the best :-)

    ReplyDelete