Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog
Welcome to my blog. I hope it inspires you to try something new as I share with you my crafts and a bit of chit chat.

Friday, 16 September 2016

A soggy start

After the gorgeous sunny day that yesterday turned into, today has been a bit of a damp squib.  In fairness though, even though heavy rain was forecast it has been more grey and drizzly than soaking wet here in Nunthorpe.  Twelve of us ignored the gloomy forecast and went for our weekly walk and cuppa. Several ladies in the group are planning to go to the Ceildih next week too.  Look out everyone as I have two left feet.  I am having quite a sociable month and had a lovely meal out with friends last night.It was really good to have our regular catch up and put the world to rights.
Moussaka for tea and not one but two large ones for the freezer.  Apples by the ton to deal with and I think a few fruit crumbles might be going into the freezer this weekend if we can find a good crop of blackberries. It really is a season of mellow fruitfulness and it would be a shame to let it all go to waste.

2 comments:

  1. Thinking with my belly, Moussaka is my absolute favourite greek dish. I never eat eat it in the UK but eat it by the bucket load when on holiday on one of the greek isles. And well you can not go wrong with a good old fruit crumble. The weather has been humid and warm and quite yacky but I am trying not to complain as prefer this to cold. Have a lovely weekend
    . Leah x

    ReplyDelete
  2. well I got a right soaking coming back into Linthorpe from my early morning ride along the river. Brightening up now though. Hope its dry for cycling up to Kirkleatham for the Festival of Thrift tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete