Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog
Welcome to my blog. I hope it inspires you to try something new as I share with you my crafts and a bit of chit chat.

Friday, 19 August 2016

Fresh baked scones

I wish you could smell my kitchen right now.  I have just lifted a batch of beautiful 'Cheddar and Rosemary' scones out of the oven. The Rosemary is fresh picked from my garden. The reason why I have come over all domestic goddessy is that today is Tony's first footie match of the season.. He will rush in from work and pick up the picnic that I have prepared for him. Then he will drive a hundred and odd miles to watch a load of blokes kick a ball up and down a field. The weather forecast isn't looking great. Well not for him anyway.  I on the other hand will be delighted to see a good downpour. My garden really needs a good drink



4 comments:

  1. They look wonderful, can almost smell them! Do you have an easy recipe? I have rosemary in the garden.
    So Tony follows Man U big time?
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jan. I just used an online cheese scone recipe and snipped some fresh Rosemary into it. I didn't bother using a cutter to make them round as I find it flattens the air out. Tony is a big Man U supporter ... yawn....

      Delete
  2. Watching football isn't really any different to any interest - some people will travel miles to sit on a beach on a balcony or in a field, or go to a conference centre to look at quilts other people have made, or watch a band perform, a version of all of these things could be done at home instead but it's nice to enjoy them in the flesh. Exciting to some, dull as anything to someone else.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmmmmm they smell delicious :-)

    Footie - what a waste of time and money ;-@

    ReplyDelete