Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog
If you would like to purchase one of my Wool Paintings or would like to send a picture of your pet for me to copy please drop me an email me at cherieandtony@btinternet.com

Sunday, 24 July 2016

Home made yoghurt recipe

I have been asked to share how I made my yoghurt so here goes.  It really couldn't be simpler.  Initially you need to buy a yoghurt from the shops to use as a starter.  I bought mine a fortnight ago and haven't bought one since as I simply use a tablespoonful of the current batch.

1 pint of full fat (blue top) milk
1 tablespoon of plain yoghurt.....  I used Greek yoghurt... not Greek style although for all I know that
 might work just as well

Bring the milk to the boil in a pan and then reduce the heat and let it simmer for a couple of minutes. Stand the pan in a bowl of cold water and cool it down to blood heat..... dip a finger in and if it feels comfortable that is great.  Obviously I don't mean for you to dip your finger in a pan of boiling milk  :-).
Now stir in your plain yoghurt and pour it into a plastic container.   I have no idea why but plastic seems to give a better result.  Put a lid on or cover it with cling film and leave it somewhere warm for about three hours. I put mine in my conservatory.  If it looks as though it is starting to thicken pop it in the fridge and let it cool for about an hour...... et voila... lovely thick yoghurt.  Don't forget to keep a spoonful of this one to start your  next batch. Eventually you will need to start afresh with a shop bought yoghurt as it gradually becomes thinner.

1 comment:

  1. Thankyou Cherie, I will be writing this down, and will give it a go, many thanks xx

    ReplyDelete