Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog
Welcome to my blog. I hope it inspires you to try something new as I share with you my crafts and a bit of chit chat.

Monday, 11 July 2016

Elderflower champagne

I thought I had missed my chance to make elderflower champagne this year as I didn't have any white wine vinegar in my cupboards.  My friend and I popped into a local organic farm shop this morning and found some there. When I got back home, I had a quick walk along a local hedgerow and managed to pick enough flower heads to make a gallon of the Elderflower Champagne.  It is a work in progress as I now have a very large pan full sitting working its magic. It is getting a bit late for picking elderflowers though.  If you are planning on making some, you won't have very much longer before the flowers are completely past it. I am trying a new recipe this year so I will let you know how I get on

No comments:

Post a Comment