Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog
If you would like to purchase one of my Wool Paintings or would like to send a picture of your pet for me to copy please drop me an email me at cherieandtony@btinternet.com

Monday, 27 June 2016

Thrilled skinny

After a lot of searching, Tony has just bought me a set of 'Old Country Roses'  cake forks.   They are going away for my birthday and I can't stop smiling.   You may recall that I inherited my mum's china and I now plan to add to the collection whenever I can.  It is such beautiful quality and a real pleasure to use.  It won't just be displayed in a cabinet, I shall have afternoon tea with friends at every opportunity.   Here is a picture of the set. They match my china perfectly. The price made me gulp at first, but heck, some people would spend this amount of money on a night out......and I am worth it  :-)



6 comments:

  1. I am so glad to hear that you plan to use them frequently. Nice table settings make the simplest food special. You made me smile too with your " I can't stop smiling" comment. What a perfect Birthday gift.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jan. I totally agree. Using nice china makes a real treat out of the simplest meal

      Delete
  2. Glad you have got them to go with your set, it is nice to see something being used, x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have visions of Victoria sponge and scones with whipped crea> All served on pretty china. I see snowy white table cloths out in the garden under the shade of the parasol....

      Delete
  3. Ooh, the forks are beautiful. Country Rose is so pretty to me. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had so many things I never used and finally I am using things even if they get chipped or stained.

    Thanks for sharing with SYC.

    ReplyDelete