Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog
If you would like to purchase one of my Wool Paintings or would like to send a picture of your pet for me to copy please drop me an email me at cherieandtony@btinternet.com

Friday, 10 June 2016

I quit my job

All I will say is that the Line Manager clearly had not read the job spec and her idea of the job itself bore very little resemblance to the actual job description. There is plenty more that I could say but I will leave it at that and move on.

On a crafting front,  I have just finished knitting a bears body and legs all in one without a single visible seam using the Turkish cast on.  I have to graft the feet closed with Kitchener stitch and then it will be ready to embellish with facial features.  I am amazed that it actually worked and the only place where there is a bit of a gap is between the legs where I probably didn't pull tight enough when I divided the body to create the legs. I still have to knit the arms and again I will use the Turkish Cast On method so that they are seam free.  I think I will give this method of casting on a try next time I knit some socks.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Cherie..are you ok..its so brave of you to quit..
    Gosh i wish i could knit..i can but only knit and pearl..may have to look into it more over this winter.
    take care
    sara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sara, the brave part was putting up with it for as along as I did without exploding. For three and a half years I was employed in a simliar role and knew the job role and expectations inside out. I absolutely loved working for the company and my previous line manager was great. He came out and about with me a few times to make sure I was ok in the role. ..... The new line manager is loathed by a lot of the work force and I had been warned in advance that it was no longer a nice place to work

      Delete
  2. Cherie..bless you..its so hard when a new manager arrives and instantly tries to put everyone in their place and interferes with a well run machine..my hubby had it at his job too..plus the fact that it was a woman who took great pleasure in texting him at home the most inappropriate messages..and then we found out she had done it before and cost a couple their marriage..
    You are very brave to stand up for yourself and hopefully with you quitting they may see the manager for what they are..
    take care
    sara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry the job didn't work out but on the positive side it's more crafting time xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am already reconfiguring my crafting space. :-)

      Delete