Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog
Welcome to my blog. I hope it inspires you to try something new as I share with you my crafts and a bit of chit chat.

Sunday, 8 May 2016

Look what I was given... and what I made with it

Yesterday one of my walking group ladies called around with a bag of crafting goodies that she was getting rid of.......   can't for the life of me think why she thought of me  :-).....  As it happens I will be working with a group of profoundly disabled children over the coming weeks and when chatting with the teacher about how she would like the session to run she suggested a really simple 'matching activity'.  Fairy Dell at the moment is full of flowers and blossom of all types and I had initially planned to give each small group a colour swatch.  I was going to have them see who could find flowers in their particular colour.  Instead of colour swatches I spent a couple of hours yesterday making felt flowers. I used bendy straws as the stalks so that the children couldn't hurt themselves.  Snipping the ends of the straws and folding them back has created stamens. I used a good strong (gem tac) glue to stick them to the felt flowers. 




6 comments:

  1. That's a great activity idea. Love how your felt flowers have turned out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I just popped over and had a browse of your lovely blog. xxx

      Delete
  2. What a fabulous idea for the children - well done Cherie :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are lovely kids to work with and it gives me such pleasure to see them taking part and enjoying the sessions.

      Delete
  3. What a lovely idea, the children will be delighted.
    I love it when people give me crafty bits, a friend yesterday gave me dome pretty mauve card so I have made a few sympathy cards for the local hospice I support. One good turn deserves another.
    Hazel c uk

    ReplyDelete