Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog
Welcome to my blog. I hope it inspires you to try something new as I share with you my crafts and a bit of chit chat.

Sunday, 22 May 2016

A thoroughly lovely day

For several weeks Tony and I have had Pickering Game Fair marked on our calender. We had decided that we would spend the day there yesterday and so off we went.  We drove through some stunning countryside and got stuck in some horrendous traffic jams. ............Then we discovered that it wasn't where we thought it would be.  We backtracked and asked at a couple of places only to discover that we couldn't find the blimmin Game Fair.  So we spent the day in Pickering and enjoyed the day far more than we would have  enjoyed the game fair. We bought some lovely things and enjoyed a nice lunch in a little cafe.  On the way home we stopped off and had a little walk around Helmsley, which is a beautiful village, popular with walkers and hikers. (Yes there is a huge difference).
Last night to finish off a perfect day we had a lovely meal and social evening at our friends house. We got home around midnight and I think my eyes were shut before my head hit the pillow. I slept through until just after 07:00 which is almost unheard of for me.
Today Tony and Alexander went off the the gun club and I helped a neighbour choose and order some flowers online. Over a nice cup of tea we browsed several online florists and eventually managed to choose  a lovely bouquet for her daughters sixtieth birthday. They were so much cheaper than ordering from the big named florists and we have ordered from them before so expect the flowers to be lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment