Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog
If you would like to purchase one of my Wool Paintings or would like to send a picture of your pet for me to copy please drop me an email me at cherieandtony@btinternet.com

Sunday, 10 April 2016

Lovely evening with friends

Our lovely friends Ken and Elaine came over for supper last night.  It seems ages since we last saw them as they have been away in France for a couple of weeks. It was nice to have a catchup and a bite to eat together. I much prefer that kind of social night to one spent sitting in the pub.  Pubs have never interested me but I did like a good disco in my youth.  A friend said to me the other day that she would love a disco for the over sixties.  I am not quite there yet but certainly one for the over fifties would work well for me. 
It looks like being a lovely sunny day today and if it is I plan to get out in the garden and do a bit of weeding.  The back garden at the moment is still very wet as the sun hasn't quite got above the house and a large part of the garden is shaded. It is lovely in the summer when the sun is higher in the sky. For or a few fleeting months we get sunshine for  most of the day both at the back and front. I rather  enjoy watching the light move up the garden until the whole place is bathed in warm sunshine. When it gets to that point in the year Tony and I spend as much time as possible outdoors either gardening or just sitting chatting over a nice cup of tea.

1 comment:

  1. I've just re-followed as I'd lost you when I had to change my email. That sounds like my kind of evening too and you definitely can't beat a cup of tea in the garden. X

    ReplyDelete