Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog
If you would like to purchase one of my Wool Paintings or would like to send a picture of your pet for me to copy please drop me an email me at cherieandtony@btinternet.com

Monday, 7 March 2016

The gift that keeps on giving

Or that is how Alexander described his gift to me. When we were talking about Mother's day last week I happened to say that I would much prefer him to cook my dinner for me than to take me out for a meal..... so that is exactly what he did.  He arrived with a large piece of gammon which he boiled before honey roasting.  He kept the stock from the boiling.... cos he knew that I would make soup from it.....There was also a lot of meat left over which he told me would be lovely as sandwiches or in a salad today..... hence it was the gift that keeps on giving... He does make me smile sometimes.  
I did breath a sigh of relief when he rang to say that he had arrived home safely.  He drove his own car home for the first time since passing his test.  I worried myself sick until I heard from him last night.  It was funny watching him cleaning his car though. I don't think it had been hoovered in years.  We were amazed at the transformation from rubbish tip to lovely little car.  I helped scrub the moss and mould from the outside... it has been standing on our drive since last year when he inherited the car.  He hadn't passed his test at the time so couldn't use the car.  There is now a big empty space on my drive... We will soon fill it with logs to chop.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a lovely mothers day meal. I think when my children reach this stage in their lives (driving) I will be having kittens too.

    ReplyDelete