Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog
Welcome to my blog. I hope it inspires you to try something new as I share with you my crafts and a bit of chit chat.

Thursday, 10 March 2016

The Flying Scotsman

This beautiful train will be passing through my local station (Gypsy Lane)this evening.  It is less than a five minute walk for me.  I have volunteered to help put up some knitted bunting at Nunthorpe Station as long as the weather is ok. We also have the great honour of part of the Tour De Yorkshire cycle race passing through Nunthorpe later this year. At WI last night I opened my big mouth and before I could stop myself I heard me say... I will knit a couple of those.......  I now am knitting tiny little sweater 'bunting' to festoon the route....  I will never learn will I?  I am almost finished number one and may well just have to knit a few more as they are really very sweet. Here is a link to what they look like......

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/the-northerner/2014/mar/25/22000-jerseys-later-harrogate-gears-up-for-the-tour-de-france

No comments:

Post a Comment