Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog
Welcome to my blog. I hope it inspires you to try something new as I share with you my crafts and a bit of chit chat.

Friday, 25 March 2016

Back home again

Well we are home now from our week in Weston super Mare. It confirmed what I have thought for a long time.  I am a green fields and rolling hills kind of person. The seaside is lovely on a blue sky day but we had grey skies and cloud pretty much all week.  The sand in Weston  looked like putty... not all golden and shimmering like I was expecting.  The York Hotel where we stayed was clean and comfortable with plenty of decent food.   Trips out to Bath  ( a bit boring......  there is only so much limestone a girl can stand)  and Cheddar Gorge (could be really beautiful but was a bit shabby with semi derelict buildings) filled up some of our holiday. We met a smashing couple there(Charlie and Grace) and spent each evening with them in the local Wetherspoons. The cost of drink in our hotel was eye watering so we chose to take a short stroll up the road to Wetherspoons to spend our hard earned cash.

...........I love going away but I do love to come back home again and sleep in my own bed.

8 comments:

  1. Welcome back Cherie sorry the weather was not kinder to you, I remember Weston being quite drap especially the town, I did find Jill Dando pretty little garden thou and has the weather was warm sitting and reading in there. I am of to Skegness on Monday for a few days so hope the sun comes out then.

    Enjoy the day,
    Hazel c uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have a lovely time in Skegness. I hope the weather is kind to you. xxx

      Delete
  2. Bath boring! Cough splutter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome home and Happy Easter x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alison.... Happy Easter to you and your loved ones xxx

      Delete
  4. There's no place like home. Having said that, I love a drab miserable windy seaside!

    ReplyDelete