Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog
If you would like to purchase one of my Wool Paintings or would like to send a picture of your pet for me to copy please drop me an email me at cherieandtony@btinternet.com

Friday, 4 March 2016

A lovely little treat from the Rumtopf

Several years ago,I bought a set of coloured shot glasses.  Each one is a different colour and they look like little jewels in my cabinet. They are the perfect size for a little portion of fruit from the Rumtopf.  I tried it last night and it is absolutely delicious. The rum has soaked into all the fruit but to my surprise it hasn't turned it mushy. The blackcurrants and cherries are still every bit as firm as they were when I dropped them into the Rumtopf.  The raspberries and blackberries are still firm and fleshy but I have yet to try some of the nectarine slices.  I have some little tiny spoons which are just perfect for eating the fruit from the glass.  The liqeur is sweet, moreish and not at all harsh or sickly.

1 comment: