Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog
If you would like to purchase one of my Wool Paintings or would like to send a picture of your pet for me to copy please drop me an email me at cherieandtony@btinternet.com

Monday, 15 February 2016

We have snow

And very pretty it is too.  It started as big heavy hailstones yesterday morning  and then it turned to snow.  It continued on and off all day but we thought it would all be gone by this morning. At 06.15 it was really coming down and when I waved Tony off to work it did look pretty in the car headlights.  Before going to bed last night,we topped the fire up with coal or whatever it is that we  buy... it isn't coal but some sort of coal product. It kept the house warm all night and easily kick started again this morning.  It is glowing nicely as I type.  We tried a little experiment yesterday.  At 06.45 I put nine pieces of coal (?) on the fire and we looked to see how long it would last until it needed any more.  Tony usually is a pest for poking at the fire and putting far too much wood on.  The house frequently feels like an oven.  Yesterday though the nine pieces of coal kept the house pleasantly warm all day.  We added some wood just after 4pm and in truth it could have lasted a little longer without a top up. Very good value for money if you ask me.

No comments:

Post a Comment