Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog
If you would like to purchase one of my Wool Paintings or would like to send a picture of your pet for me to copy please drop me an email me at cherieandtony@btinternet.com

Sunday, 21 February 2016

Moussaka for lunch .. and the big tidy up

Mornin' all.  It is 09.20 and I have spent the past hour and a half prepping a moussaka for lunch.  I have mentioned before how much I love this recipe.....   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwDP8Ha1e1w

It does take quite a bit of preparation but believe me it is scrummy.  I make mine a bit 'juicier' than Akis does and never use anything like the amount of meat that he uses but mine will make six very generous portions.  Ideal for making for the freezer as I will cut it into six and freeze four portions.  Tony can take a portion to work when he fancies a  change from sandwiches.  It is also a great recipe for preparing ahead if you are hosting a supper for friends.  You can do all the prep and put it together well in advance ready to pop in the oven when you need it. 

The big tidy up will continue today.  We managed to box all Alexanders things and then Tony put them in the loft out of the way until he wants them moving to his new house. The bedroom actually looks like a bedroom/craft room again and isn't just a dumping ground for cardboard boxes.  I have set two of my sewing machines up ready to use and I hope to make a start on my 'Christmas quilt' sometime this week. I like having two machines as it means that I can thread each of them with different coloured thread so it saves on my having to continually change the thread when I need a different colour...... it works for me..... My 'old fashioned machine'  will be coming into action too as I want to learn how to use all the different feet for it.  I have found a few different sites that will help me to learn so watch this space.

2 comments:

  1. I rally like moussaka, I don't make it all that often due to the amount of prep but whenever I do we really enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa girl, its only the end of february, you have got the rest of the year to yet! I do a veggie version of mousecar. Jollybscrummy it is too. As to clearing out the midden? Not happening at the moment. Well done.xxx

    ReplyDelete