Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog
Welcome to my blog. I hope it inspires you to try something new as I share with you my crafts and a bit of chit chat.

Saturday, 16 January 2016

What a lovely day for a picnic

Tony had wanted a big block of lime to carve so we thought we would have a run over to the timber place in Penrith.  The  snow sprinkled scenery was absolutely stunning  but I got quite a surprise on the journey.  Two camels were grazing in a field????????? I had no idea that they could survive in such cold weather.  We called into the Alpaca centre and Tony bought me a lovely sheepskin hat.. The price tag was eye watering but heck, he tells me that I am worth it....... :-)  
 We left the alpaca centre and popped into Reghed which is virtually around the corner.  I bought some lovely picnic food in a gorgeous shop there.  We parked up on a side road and Tony made a pot of tea on his camping stove.  We ate our picnic surrounded by stunning scenery.  Who says that summer is picnic season.  A couple of years ago we pulled up in a layby at the side of the road in the snow and ice.  Tony fried us both a bacon sarnie and made a pot of tea.  We could have sold them a dozen times over as the smell of frying bacon brought curious walkers to see where the smell was coming from.

3 comments:

  1. I was surprised the first time we saw those camels too, we were on our way to MIMA. It was the last thing we expected to see!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can walk past MIMA when I am working at the University. I really should make the effort to call in and take a look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have had some excellent exhibitions over the past few years, it really is a great place.

      Delete