Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog
Welcome to my blog. I hope it inspires you to try something new as I share with you my crafts and a bit of chit chat.

Monday, 4 January 2016

Look what I have been given

My son is emptying his dads house (actually it is now Alexander's house having been left it in his fathers will) and offered this to me.  He was going to burn it if I didn't want it???????  He spent many hours riding on this when he was just a tiny thing.  The leather cushion was originally green but has faded to a grubby tan colour.  It is stuffed with hay and I am planning to make a patchwork slip cover for it as it would be a shame to chuck out 50 odd year old hay.


5 comments:

  1. We had one of these - when we came home after 3 years in Hong Kong (April 1964!) the boat travelled through the Suez canal, I'm pretty sure my mother bought it in that area. Ours had a red and gold cushion. Unfortunately they got rid of him before I had my children in the late 70's or they would have adored him, too. Thanks for the trip down memory lane. I'm so glad you kept him, he's useful and quirky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well that was nothing to get the hump about😂xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never seen anything quite like that before. I'm a little speechless. X

    ReplyDelete
  4. love it, if you ever need a home for it , or if it breeds let me know...lol

    ReplyDelete