Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog
Welcome to my blog. I hope it inspires you to try something new as I share with you my crafts and a bit of chit chat.

Tuesday, 5 January 2016

I really am a tightwad.

I am almost ashamed to say that I have just picked all the little bows and acrylic gemstones off the Christmas cards before re using them. Now that really is being a tightwad considering I can buy a sheet of 504 gemstones in the pound shop.  I am not just recycling the cards at a supermarket either  Square ones will be made into little gift boxes during craft sessions and the others I will die cut shapes from or use to practice my watercolour painting.

9 comments:

  1. Hi Cherie..lol your not a tight wad at all..it makes sense to reuse the sparkles..we have a little jar full of them..
    can you pop to my blog and leave your address for me plz.
    sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, I salvage every little bit.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you know what I have been doing the same today.x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha.. :-) Birds of a feather blog together. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tightwad is just another word for resourceful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like that...I shall tell everyone that I am not a tightwad, I am resourceful

      Delete
  6. A stash of used x-mas cards is awaiting their fate, lol. I`ll soon be dissecting them and salvaging whatever embelishments there are to pick from them. I`ve spread the word around with a work mate, so should get her used cards to re-cycle, too. I love making my own creations of cards every year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My neighbour dropped a pile of cards in for me the other day. I am planning a 'resource making day' on Saturday when the hubby goes to football. I will use all my dies to prepare loads of toppers and labels and put them in a box to use when they are needed.

      Delete