Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog
Welcome to my blog. I hope it inspires you to try something new as I share with you my crafts and a bit of chit chat.

Friday, 22 January 2016

I admit to being a tightwad


Yesterday I was browsing ebay looking for some large ball embossing tools.... then I had a lightbulb moment...... I could make one myself... so I did.   I simply stuck  beads onto the ends of a barbecue skewer with some strong glue.   I was a bit worried that the join might be a bit weak so I papier mached around the stick to give it a bit more strength.  I have given it two coats of clear nail polish to seal it......... This morning I checked my email and discovered a £10 off code for Amazon if I spend more than £50.  I have had several items on my wish list for ages so I could easily do that.. I used my 'Christmas Money' and bought some really useful crafting tools. 





3 comments:

  1. Dear Cherie
    Good idea! You could also have made some out of polymer clay and then baked them on the stick - I have made tools for use with polymer clay out of polymer clay!
    Best wishes
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Probably last you longer than one you can buy.
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete