Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog
If you would like to purchase one of my Wool Paintings or would like to send a picture of your pet for me to copy please drop me an email me at cherieandtony@btinternet.com

Monday, 2 November 2015

Is it really November

Because if it is then nobody told my garden. I currently have flowering at the moment.... roses, pelargoniums, viola, pansies, nemesia, antirrhinums, rudbeckia, echinacea, several varieties of lavender and sweet peas. In fact yesterday I picked a lovely bunch of sweet peas to decorate the table and fragrance the air. I even managed to dry a load of laundry and that is quite unusual at this time of year in my garden.  The sun doesn't shine at the back of the house during the winter months and it is is quite cold and grey all winter long. The first snowdrops bring a welcome splash of colour in late January. On the other hand the front of the house basks in any available sunshine all winter long.  It does take a while for the sun to rise above the house opposite but I have a lovely sheltered spot at the front where I can sit and enjoy a morning cuppa and a chat with the neighbours.It is rather grey today but the sun is trying its best to shine.  Perhaps this afternoon might see some lovely warm sunshine.  If so then I will do a little dead heading at the front of the house.








2 comments:

  1. My garden still thinks it's summer too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The joy of those late flowers and their scent. Our roses and passion flowers are doing well but the rest of the garden is waiting for me to get busy with the leaf sucker, the messy end of the year.

    ReplyDelete